Emphasize The "I" In Diet
Which Diet Is Right For Me?
If you go to Google and search "Diets that work", you will get about 755 million results, which can overwhelming for anyone looking to start a new diet. When figuring out what diet will work best for you, my first tip is to figure out what the objective or goal is for starting your new diet. Your goal could be anything; trying to lose weight, having more energy, or lowering your cholesterol. Once you know your goal, you can start to plan on how you'll achieve your goal. Using the internet to assist you in starting a new diet is perfectly okay, but not every diet works the same for every person. Your body will react to specific foods differently than another body, as we are all different. It is crucial to listen to YOUR body. Be bold to try something new and experiment, as success can be found in many different forms.
Do you have any tips for someone looking to start a new diet? Share your ideas in the comments!
You have a great point about starting a diet with the individual. The only person who knows how these foods affect you is you, so you should be able to decide what is good and bad for your body. I'm also very glad that you mentioned to try new things because that is a key point in living well.
ReplyDeleteHey Mike, your blog was the first one that I clicked on and ironically we have the exact same layout of our blogs. I agree with the comment above, it is very important to know what foods make you feel good and what foods cause your body distress. #techwell
ReplyDeleteYeah that's a really good point that I think most people don't understand. Everyone in this world is different and people for some reason keep forgetting that, some diets work for some but don't work for others. Like you said there are so many different diets out there that you just have to find the right diet for you. I think most people don't understand that because of all these models and celebrities now a days post what they are eating and the diet that they are on and people want to look like them so they think that if they do what the models are doing that it will work, but it doesn't always work like that. Like you said you have to first set a goal and after that keep trying different diets until you find the one that helps you achieve your goal. I really like this topic because I believe that it is such an important one to talk about.
ReplyDeleteMike, you are exactly right when it comes to choosing a diet. Everyone is completely different and our bodies will adjust accordingly. A tip I would give to someone who is willing to try a new diet is to do research and I mean lots of research. Get a grasp on many different plans out there. Once you do that, seek a specialist. Talking to a specialist can guide you in the right direction and if they have a proven track record, you feel even better about it.
ReplyDeleteMike, I agree that people need to find what is best for them. I think it is important to say that because a lot of people look at others and think that's how their diets should be going. Like I said, everyone is different and everyone's body may react better or worse to certain diets. So yes, I agree, people need to find what works for them. That is the most important.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything in your blog Mike. A successful diet is one that works for you personally. I would recommend trying a diet and sticking with it for a couple weeks before you decide if it is meant for you. Also, don't look at your diet as a temporary thing to achieve a short-term goal. Look at it as a lifestyle change that will be with you throughout your entire life so that you are healthy well into your years.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post idea. I agree with you, we all need to listen to our bodies more. Instead of trying out the latest fad diet focus on what you know makes you feel full and happy. When I say happy I don't mean junk food, but when you eat it, it makes you feel good about your body. When trying to diet I always try cutting out one thing at a time whether it be soda, avoiding fast food restaurants, or red meat.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post Mike! I think this post contains great content on why it is important to find a diet that works for you. Finding something that works for you that consists of foods you enjoy that are healthy at the same time; finding a diet that will stick. I find it important to find eating patterns that will allow your body to maintain itself through the later years of your life. Overall, finding a diet that will work for you. From a Mike to a Mike, great post!
ReplyDelete